- bowls, measuring spoons
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon Kelp flakes
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 to 2 slices onion (large)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon black salt (for egg salad taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric (for egg salad color)
- drain and rinse chickpeas. Save the liquid which is called aquafaba for other recipes if needed.
- dice onion slices (add more or less onion to taste)
- blend 3/4 of the chickpeas until fine. Lightly hand mash the remaining chickpeas to give a more tuna like texture to the salad.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Taste and adjust to taste.
If you prefer egg salad, then use the turmeric and black salt (to taste). For tuna taste, you can adjust the kelp flakes or use some other dried seaweed. If you choose other spices of condiments feel free to substitute. The salad is best after chilling for a while in the fridge.